Ben regularly plays with the Piacere String Quartet, providing music for weddings ceremonies and receptions. Along with a large selection of classical works that are always popular at such events, specific song requests are often made by the bride and/or groom.
Ben specialises in writing effective arrangements for string quartet and ensures all parts have interesting musical material to play, while also keeping the difficulty within reason so they can be sight-read by an experienced quartet. These are also adapted for string trio as well. Recent arrangements include:
- Songbird as sung by Eva Cassidy,
- Kissing You by Des’ree,
- Beethoven’s 5 Secrets,
- Rather Be by Clean Bandit
- Stand By Me by B. E. King
- Five Years Time by Noah and the Whale
- Under the Sea from Disney’s “The Little Mermaid”
- Gonna Fly Now (Theme from the movie “ROCKY”)
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers
- Can’t Help Falling in Love (Wise Men Say) by Elvis
- Time by Mr Hudson
Arrangements cost £30 and specific arrangements can be commissioned too. This includes a MIDI realisation of the arrangement, a score and individual parts both in PDF format. To request an arrangement, please contact Ben via the Contact Page.
To book the Piacere String Quartet for your event, please fill in the contact form on this link.